Education and Experience for John M. Shamoun, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- B.S.: University of Mississippi, Oxford, Mississippi
- M.D.: University of Mississippi School of Medicine (with Alpha Omega Alpha Honors)
- General Surgery Residency: University of South Alabama School of Medicine, Mobile, Alabama
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Residency: Southwestern Medical School (Parkland Hospital), UTHSC Dallas, Texas
Dr. Shamoun is the ONLY Plastic Surgeon in the United States QUADRUPLE BOARD CERTIFIED by the:
- American Board of Surgery
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Board of Forensic Medicine
- American Board of Medical Specialities
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES THAT DR. SHAMOUN IS A MEMBER OF
- American College of Surgeons
- American College of Forensic Examiners
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Academy of Certified Consultants and Experts
- Lipoplasty Society
- Los Angeles Society of Plastic Surgery
- Orange County Society of Plastic Surgery
- California Society of Facial Plastic Surgery, Inc.
- California Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Lawyer Media
- Better Business Bureau
ABOUT DR. SHAMOUN
Dr. Shamoun relocated to Southern California from Dallas, Texas to provide the latest advances in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery. He brings to his practice a combination of surgical skill, experience, and artistic judgment, which reflects the intense training received from many of the world's premier plastic surgeons.
Dr. Shamoun graduated from the University of Mississippi School of Medicine, with Alpha Omega Alpha honors. He completed General Surgery at the University of Alabama. He then completed a Fellowship in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, one of America's finest plastic surgery training programs.
Dr. Shamoun elected to pursue several post-graduate Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Fellowships. He completed a subspecialty Fellowship in Aesthetic and Restorative Breast Surgery at the world-renowned Breast Reconstructive Foundation Center in Atlanta, Georgia. He also completed subspecialty Fellowships in Aesthetic Surgery of the Face, Eyes, Nose, and Body at the Connell and Robbins Aesthetic Surgery Institutes. He concluded his formal nine years of training, beyond medical school, in Honolulu, Hawaii, specializing in Surgery of the Asian Face.
Dr. Shamoun's paramount goals as a physician are to "be the absolute best physician at all costs, individualize patient care, and the quality of life. " As a result, he takes great pride in being the only plastic surgeon in California triple board certified by The American Board of Surgery, The American Board of Plastic Surgery and The American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
Dr. Shamoun is a member of numerous prestigious plastic surgery societies, which denote excellence in the field of cosmetic plastic surgery. Some of these societies are listed below.
TRAINING, TALENT AND EXPERIENCE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE
Dr. Shamoun has lectured in the United States and authored or co-authored several journal articles and textbook chapters, in both Aesthetic (Cosmetic) and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery.
Dr. Shamoun has been featured in the New York Post, the Dallas Morning News, the London Times, and the Sunday Mirror (U.K.). He has also been featured in the Los Angeles Business Journal, People Magazine, and Women's Journal Magazine.
Dr. Shamoun has performed surgery on well-known celebrities as well as famous international families throughout the world. He performed plastic surgery on the first female celebrity to have a face lift and forehead lift "live" on the Internet in June 1999.
Dr. Shamoun has privileges at Hoag, South Coast, Irvine Medical Center, St. Joseph, Mission Regional, Saddleback, Orange Coast Memorial and Desert Hospitals to better serve you.
Dr. Shamoun brings to Beverly Hills, Newport Beach, and Palm Springs a unique depth of knowledge and experience that enables him to combine traditional techniques with the most recent advances in plastic surgery to achieve the most refined aesthetically pleasing surgical results. He is dedicated to achieving extraordinary outcomes in all cosmetic plastic surgical procedures and invites you to compare as you make a decision about cosmetic plastic surgery. In his office, your needs are Dr. Shamoun's most important concern, and he will strive to make your aesthetic surgery a pleasant and satisfying experience.
- "Influence of Alar Cartilage and Septum on Nasal Tip Support." SOUTHWESTERN MEDICAL SCHOOL (UTMSC - Dallas), Department of Plastic Surgery, 1993
- "Guanethidine Infusion in the Treatment of Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy." UNIVERSITY of MISSISSIPPI, SCHOOL of MEDICINE, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, 1984.
- "Somatostatin vs Placebo in the Treatment of Gastrointestinal Fistulas." Gerring Laboratories, UNIVERSITY of SOUTH ALABAMA, SCHOOL of MEDICINE, 1989.
- Shamoun, J., et al.: "Brain Abscess Following Multiple Esophageal Dilations: A Case Report." Clinical Imaging, June 1989.
- Shamoun, J., et al.: "Stapled Cardiorraphy in the Treatment of Penetrating Cardiac Injuries." A New Technique and Review of Literature. The Journal of Trauma. Nov. 1989.
- Shamoun, J., et al.: "Factors Affecting Mortality in Patients Operated Upon for complications of Peptic Ulcer Disease." The American Surgeon, Feb. 1989.
- Shamoun, J., et al.: "Atlanto-Occipital Subluxation/dislocation: A Survivable Injury?" Journal of Pediatric Surgery. 2000.
- Shamoun, J., et al.: "Expanding the Versatility of the Serratus Anterior Myo-osseous Flap in Reconstructing Upper Extremity Defects." Submitted for publication, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery.
- Shamoun, J., et al.: "The Omohyid Muscle Flap." Journal of Clinical Anatomy, Nov. 1992.
- Shamoun, J., et al.: "Alternatives In Total Glandular Mastectomy." Submitted for publication, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, May 1993.
- Shamoun, J.M., M.D., Connell, B.F., M.D.: "The Significance of Digastric Muscle Contouring for Rejuvenation of the Submittal Area of the Face." Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, May 1997.
- Shamoun, J.M., M.D., Elliot, Franklyn, M.D.: "Lateral Transverse Thigh Flap and Deep Circumflex Iliac Soft Tissue Flap (Rubens Flap)" Microvascular Reconstruction of the Cancer Patient. First Edition Schustermann. Lippincott-Raven, Philadelphia, 1997.
- Shamoun, J.M., M.D., Hartrampf, C.R., M.D.: "A Crucial Adjunct in Breast Reconstruction; Mastectomy Specimen Weight and Skin Dimensions." Annals of Plastic Surgery, March 1996.
- Shamoun, J.M., M.D., Ellenbogen, R., M.D.: "Blepharoplasty, Browlift, and Forehead Lift." Textbook of Plastic Maxillofacial and Reconstructive Surgery, Third Edition, Chaper 51, 1996.
- Shamoun, J.M., M.D., Elliot, Franklyn, M.D.: "Rubens's Peri-Iliac Soft Tissue Free Flap." Atlas of Microvascular Flaps. Schustermann, Book in Progress, 1995.
- Shamoun, J.M., M.D., Hartrampf, C.R., M.D., et al.: "Classification and Reconstruction of the Breast and Chest Wall in Polands Syndrome." Submitted for publication, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery.
- Shamoun, J.M., M.D., Hartrampf, C.R., M.D., Et al.: "Imaging of Fat Necrosis and Recurrent Breast Cancer after Autogenous Breast Reconstruction." Submitted for publication, March 1995, Annuals of Plastic Surgery.
- Shamoun, J.M., M.D., Hartrampf, C.R., M.D., Et al.: "The TRAM Hernia." Submitted for publication, February 1995, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, and presented at 13th Annual Breast Surgery Symposium, Atlanta, Georgia, January 1997.
- Talk Radio 76 KGU, Honolulu, Hawaii, Guest "More Than Skin Deep" September 1994
- Talk Radio 76 KGU, Honolulu, Hawaii, Guest "Faces, Figures, and Feelings" October 1994
|John M. Shamoun, M.D., F.A.C.S.|
|Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery|
|Office Address: |
360 San Miguel
Newport Beach, CA 92660
9920 Talbert Ave
Huntington Beach, CA 92708